Nod32 and True Image Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ghines, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Hi,

TI Home Build 4932 and Nod32 version 2.7 running on XP Prof. X64.

Every time I start TI it just locks up my computer. If I stop the Nod32 service (nod32krn.exe) TI runs just fine.

Have noticed a few posts about similiar issues but no solutions.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Greg

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

I had similar problems in the past running ATI 9 and the validation process. My computer at the end of the validation process would freeze. You can try to exclude all files pertaining to Acronis in the Amon setup/Exclusions.

I hope this helps.

3. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Have tried excluding the ATI install folder in NOD32, but with the same results.

ATI just hangs the PC after selecting *any* backup file location. Stop NOD32 and all is fine.

Any suggestions appreciated.

4. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Have just installed the same versions of NOD32 and ATI on a 32 bit version of XP Prof and there's no problems running ATI. Hence it seems the problem is related to XP's 64 bit version.

The question is now, who's problem is it Acronis or Eset? You can bet each company will say it's the other one problem, but at the end of the day I still have a problem that needs to be fixed.

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Have you tried the recovery CD? There shouldn't be any interaction with Nod.
    I usually use the CD as it is more reliable, although it takes longer than within Windows.

6. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Yes the recovery CD will probably work for the reason stated, but I need a backup plan that runs within Windows while NOD32 is still running.

I suppose I could have a batch that stops the NOD Kernel, runs ATI and then starts NOD Kernel after ATI finishes. However have not been able to find a way of stopping the NOD Kernel (service) in a batch. Net Stop does not work with this service as it's been locked.

Suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.