NOD32 and Trillian

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kswoll, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kswoll

kswoll Registered Member

I've been using NOD32 for several months now. Today, all of a sudden, I lost my connection to AIM via Trillian (an AOL Instant Messenger client). I searched the web for the error messages I was receiving in Trillian and eventually came to a site that linked to this Microsoft KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

"How to determine and recover from Winsock2 corruption"

There is a "Guided Help" download which automatically opens a system information dialog and highlights the TCP/IP settings. It asks me to confirm if the settings are what Windows expects. Because of NOD32 they are not what I would have expected. I assume this is always the case and not a cause for concern. But because I was having trouble connecting to AIM I figured I would see what happens and let the KB tool automatically "recover from Winsock2 corruption." This solved the problem. Just to corroborate my findings, I uninstalled NOD32 and confirmed that I could connect to AIM. I re-installed NOD32 and upon reboot, failed to connect to AIM. I uninstalled NOD32 and was again able to connect to AIM.

Thank you for any help,

-Kirk

2. kswoll

kswoll Registered Member

I apologize, but this appears to have been a coincidence. Without NOD32 I am now experiencing this problem again. Sorry for wasting any of your time.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
  4. covaro

covaro Registered Member

AIM is just having issues tonight. GAIM user here, and I know a bunch of other people, using MAC clients and the official AIM client all having the issue. Seems to be stable now though.

-Cov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.