Nod32 and Tobit

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Yoshman, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshman

Yoshman Registered Member

Hi everybody,

i'm ever wonderung about a support forum from nod32 and then finally found it :)
    and here is my first question/ problem --> i got a customer who use david sl by tobit software (www.tobit.com) and mcaffee as the antivirus client... So i decided to recommend him nod32 as client, BUT i didn't know if imon and co deals with the tobit software!?
    any experiences about that?

regards
    steffen jeschke

2. _doc_

_doc_ Guest

I am afraid we have here no DAVID here to give it a try. Oh, silly me - on Cebit 2003 ESET had his stand 5 meters from that of Tobit and i've got their trial DVD. Unfortunatelly, I 've put it in gabrage can long time ago...
    But I 've found out in their white paper (www.tobit.com/intl/products/7/2/I04DD4AA-005.apd/xl-whitepaper.pdf)
    Davis is capable to check POP3 mailboxes. This (in theory) means IMON should be able to do its work. But without practical experiment, there is no guarantee for it...

Any volunteers to test David & NOD32 ?

Regards, Doc

P.S: There is one think i could recommend to everyone on the planet. Give a Tobit party on the Cebit a try - good music, nice chicks and lot of free beer (but only Veltlins.....)

3. Yoshman

Hi,

why did the idea with a trial didn't come to me!? :) i like it!
    But the prob is - i didn't find a trial of this on the web ...
    i think i recommend him nod32 for his clients anyway and check if the server scans emails if installing nod32 on him ...
    theoratically it must - because the mailbox they use is a pop3 provided by us ;)

regards
    yoshman

4. Yoshman

Hi,

here i am again :)
    I just wanna say that it seems to me that Nod32 (imon) works with Tobit! Yesterday i installed the administrator version at their server which is also used as the tobit server and today i checked the imon log at the server and it found and killed six of them :)

regards
    steffen jeschke

5. _doc_

_doc_ Guest

Nice to know. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.