nod32 and msn messenger live problem :-(

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by the_sly_dog, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

hi all ,

i installed a trial edition of nod32 2.51.30 for a friend yesterday as he computer was getting slower and slower and things kept on coming up,

on the first pc it only found 2 infections and cleaned them perfect :thumb: :thumb:

on the second pc we scanned it and it found 11816 files infected and cleaned them i nearly passed out when i see it too.

my friend was very impressed so he bought two licenses for two years from eset.uk website yesterday

all the pc`s are cleaned now and running great,

apart from one problem on the first pc:

when he signs in to msn messenger live and soon as he enters he password it signs in then comes up msn messenger has Encountered a problem and needs to close,

but when i quit and unload the imon monitor and restart msn messenger live works great no errors o_O??

he is on bt broadband running through a netgear router and has zonealarm firewall / all windows update patches are installed , imon setup client compatibility :- all the entries are on maxium compatibility,

he loves nod32 to bits but i just cant work out how to fix that minor problem...

if anyone could help that would be great indeed

many thanks for your help and nod32 kicks ass :thumb: :thumb:

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Just to confirm is MSN set to Higher Compatability or Higher Efficiency in the HTTP setup in IMON?

snowbound

3. the_sly_dog

hello snowbound

msn messenger live is set to higher compatibility its highlighted red...

i did set nod32 up to blackspears settings so they didnt have to keep touching it or that,,

they have windows xp sp2 home edition

there windows messenger works fine with imon enabled

but they want to use msn messenger live

many thanks indeed for the reply snowbound :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Would you mind taking a look at blackspears settings again Please....in particular the instructions for HTTP settings. As noted in those instructions...."Higher Efficiency" is preferred not "Higher Compatibility". Perhaps setting it to higher efficiency will let msn messenger live work :doubt:

Bubba

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

No problem and just hang in there as i'm sure the experts will be along to help with a solution. ;) :D

Steve

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. the_sly_dog

i will check that setting in imon again abit later for him :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

thank you all for the replys and i hope that does the trick for him

many thanks :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi .
    I believe you should repair Winsock and reload IMON later . Setting up Messenger to Higher Compatibility is the preffered one since you have problems , the protection is still the same :)
    Do the following :
    Windows XP SP2 only

Start –> Run
    type cmd . Click OK
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately ! (note the space between the commands )

After that , open Control Center -> IMON and reload it .
    Open its setup and -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and setup this application to Higher compatibility .
    This should correct the problems now . If somehow you still have problems with Messenger , goto IMON -> Setup -> "Miscellaneous" tab -> Exclusions and add it to the Exclusinons list . Again nothing to worry about because here you have AMON , the most important protections , always ON :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.