NOD32 and Mail Marshal

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Psycrow, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycrow

Psycrow Registered Member

Last night I pushed out NOD 32 to my servers. Since I've done my Mail Marshal Database no longer seems to be updating, and we are not sending or recieving any external emails. My Mail Marshal Engine service was not started when I checked, when I tried to start it NOD32 detected a problem with an eicar test file in the installation folder of Mail Marshal, and the service failed to start.

I saw a few detections last night, but they were all eicar test files, and I just deleted them thinking they were just that....test files. They've been on that system since before my time here and the old AV made it easier to ignore them.

So now I'm not getting or sending and external mail, so as you can imagine this is a big issue. I also can't see any mails being caught in marshal or exchange queues, so I don't know where they're going to.

My setup is as follows, email traffic is natted to this server that holds mail marshal, mail marshal scans and releases mails to my exchange server. outgoing mails just work in the opposite fashion.

Can anyone help me?

2. Psycrow

Psycrow Registered Member

I sorted it...thanks folks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.