NOD32 and K9 filter

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by doug6949, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

I recently installed the K9 filter and like it so far. One problem I noticed is that NOD is no longer appending the incoming messages which makes me wonder if they are being scanned. I left the IMON email setting to scan port 110 where the mail is coming into the K9 proxy. It goes out to my email client (The Bat) on port 9999. I am concerned that setting IMON to scan port 9999 will not trap infections as they first come through 110. K9 stores a copy of each email as well. Any suggestions?

Doug (W2K, Kerio, Opera, Linksys BEFSR41, Charter cable)

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Fire Permit,

Robin Kheir (author from K9) has an extensive explantion how to configure this. Have a look at his website and scroll down to "configuring your email program...".

Good luck! ;)

regards.

paul

3. doug6949

Been there, read that. (K9 will not run without following the configuration instructions exactly.) K9 is running fine.

The problem seems to be with NOD32 as it does not give any indication that it is scanning the mail. If I change NOD to scan port 9999 then presumably mail will still enter my computer at 110 and get stored in K9 without being scanned.

Doug

4. doug6949

I did some more fiddling with this issue and conclude that it has to do with the setup for Bat. I am new to The Bat but am quickly finding it too "feature rich" (a real PITA) for me. I went back to the email client in Opera and the NOD scanning notice is again appearing at the bottom of each incoming email.

Doug

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

The Bat is a nice email client. This isn't a NOD32 issue indeed ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.