NOD32 and ISA2004, which rules are needed for remote updates from admin version??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fahlis, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fahlis

fahlis Registered Member

Hi,

I have NOD32 Enterprise on a DC, in front of this one I also have a ISA2004 FW, now to be able to get updates from the DC server to the ISA Server,does anyone know which rules / ports I need to open for this to happen?

It works fine from domain XP members, but from the ISA server I get "server connection failure". I saw it requested access to port 2222, so I created a rule for that, but still same problem, I was under the impression that it uses port 2222, and then the http port I have chosen in the admin interface, am I out on thin ice here or?

Any help mucho appreciated.

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

If you use all of the defaults, you need 2222, 2223 and 8081 open between the two boxes.

Jack

3. fahlis

fahlis Registered Member

Hi Jack,

Thx for the reply, well I have default settings, and I have created 2 rules in ISA.

Allow TCP 8081 Outbound from Localhost to NOD2 Server
    Allow TCP 2222 Outbound from Locakhost to NOD32 Server

From what I can tell all works fine now with this setting (I used ethereal to find out which ports to open), so do I really need to create a new rule for TCP 2223 also? What will I accomplish with port 2223 ?

if so, would that be with the same credentials as the above? (TCP Outbound)

thx / fahlis

4. zashita

zashita Registered Member

Port 2223 is used to connect the Remote Administrator Console (RAC) to the Remote Administrator Server (RAS).
    The RAC is connected to the RAS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.