Nod32 and IE7 Problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cron, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cron

Cron Registered Member

Hi,
    I need help as this has me stuck, I had a problem when I installed IE7 on my PC and Laptop it would just come up with an Error box and IE7 would not load, this had me stuck as to why went through a few things then it came to me Nod32 un-install that Bingo! IE7 works.. Now if I re-install Nod32 on me laptop or me Main PC IE7 crashes everytime, with out Nod32 it works just fine..

I have checked for adware, spyware, viruses and nothing is found all clean but me stuck.. Has anyone an idea as to what I am missing here Please..

Thanks..

Ps. Using another VirusKiller at the moment EZ antivirus that works Ok, only installed this as Nod32 will not work..

2. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Strange... I can't say much except for that NOD32 v2.5 worked fine together with IE7 on my pc (no problems at all). I'm also now using IE7 and the new NOD32 beta (v2.7) without problems. I'm not so sure it's really NOD32 causing the problems you are experiencing, possibly it is a combination of things? Have you checked the Event Viewer (in your Administrative Tools, in the Control Panel) for more info?

EDIT: By the way, it is Windows XP we are talking about here?

3. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

No problems here either with IE7 and Nod32 (latest - i didn't try beta yet) on XP. So I agree with kjempen, must be something else, like a bad install, a combination of things leading to an incompatibility... dunno.

By the way, if you look at secunia advisories on IE7, you'll see that it already has three published vulnerabilities.
    It works bad on your system, and it has security flaws... why not give firefox a try ? :rolleyes::D;)

4. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

5. Cron

Cron Registered Member

After a few email to tech support sorted it, just did Expert Install and did not Load IMON Module and all works great..

Not sure whats going on but well its Windows we got to expect some bugs :)

6. DavidCo

No IMON?
    Is that an acceptable fix?
    o_O

7. Cron

Cron Registered Member

Found it what was causing IMON to crash IE7 spent half the (BLEEP) night but I was not being defeated by this :)

The program to blame was Net.Medic (an old Network monitoring program) and the file this program was using to make the crash was wsock32.dll this is what was causing IE7 to crash when IMON was loaded. Now I not 100% sure why but at least I found it..

Just thought I would pass on this info..

8. DavidCo

Thanks for feedback:)

9. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have installed Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on a variety of systems which had NOD32 v2.51 (or the v2.70 beta version) previously installed on them and experienced no problems during the upgrade process or afterwards.

One thing I did do was to disable the various xMON modules in NOD32 before running the installation program for IE7. I did not do this on one computer (i.e., I left NOD32 running during the installation process) but that was just a quick test to see if any errors occur if this was done; none did, though, and I didn't save the changes to the image I was working with.

Did you disable NOD32 before installing IE7? If not, that may have been the reason for the problem you experienced.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.