Nod32 and Comodo combo

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sysop82, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sysop82

sysop82 Registered Member

Hey guys, great forum here spent many hours reading. I mainly have a question about HIPS.

I am using current version of NOD32 as my AV. And I am now using Comodo free firewall. I moved to this firewall because I like the DNS and it's easy to configure to shut down traffic of utorrent when my vpn drops.

Does anyone use these two together? So far it seems they play nice and I have no system slowdown. I am still trying to figure out the Comodo defense+ with their hips. It seems a lot more advanced over what I am used to with eset.

Basically I am just wondering if the best option is to turn off NOD32 hips and keep comodo hips on (I believe both should not be running). I like the safe mode/custom rules of the firewall. But the safe mode on Comodo hips needs a lot of attention with what seems like 5+ popups per application run. Is clean PC mode or training mode and OK option for hips?

2. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I am running this combination on my laptop. I have no issues. The hips is turned on both programs. I have eset set up to not scan Comodo files. System is rock solid.

3. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Personally I would disable the hips in NOD32 and use Comodo's. You don't need 2 sets of hips running.

4. imdb

imdb Registered Member

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No you don't want to do that since then you also disable the self defense in the product. Better set exclusions in both or one of the programs, and leave the ESET HIPS at default.

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

exactly

7. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Ok I didn't realise that disabling the hips also disabled self defense, strange. But thanks for the heads up.

8. wasgij6

wasgij6 Registered Member

They will work fine together. i would disable the nod32 hips.

Clean pc mode is great if you know your computer is clean of viruses and you dont install much software. It will assume everything on your computer is clean and assume everything else is unknown which will generate a hips alert of sandbox alert.

9. pintas

pintas Registered Member

If you really want that rock solid protection that (great) combo can give you, i also recommend disabling NOD32 HIPS and using Comodo's. It's in my opinion a more comprehensive HIPS.

10. sysop82

sysop82 Registered Member

Thanks for all the replies. And that guide posted was a great help.

I don't know about previous versions but eset nod32 version 7 which is the current one allows self defense to run if you disable hips. Like the anti theft option the hips is a separate module that you can disable and the real time anti virus defense continues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.