NOD32 and Acronis TI home drivers.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Osaban, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

I've had some problems with Acronis TI 9: After backingup my system when I proceed to verify the backup folder everything goes well and by the time the validation wizard notifies me that the backup is okay my OS freezes(or I even get a BSOD) and I have to reboot through the main switch.

After contacting Acronis support and supplying all the necessary data their conclusion was that there is driver conflict between NOD32 and Acronis TI 9.

I've tried uninstalling NOD32 and clean up all the leftovers with a registry cleaner but the problem persists.

Has anybody experienced anything similar having NOD32 and Acronis?

Considering the number of posters here who use TI and NOD, a driver conflict between the two should be common knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No not at all, running very smooth here.

Cheers :D

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I'm running them both here without problems. :)

4. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    There has to be some other conflict, but I doubt it is with NOD32.
    I have TI 9 Home and NOD32 working fine here, hence my thinking that is has to do with some other application and not NOD.
    Just my .00000002 cents worth...others will jump in with more specific assistance, I am sure :D
    Cheers :)

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Same here, working fine with NOD and TI9

6. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

another NOD32+ATI user here. Hmmm do you play games? If so maybe you have a Starforce infection http://www.glop.org/starforce/

The removal tool can be found on that website as well as how to see if it's on your PC.

Otherwise something else is probably the cause.

Maybe your SATA drivers need updating.

Fairy

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm not a gamer, and my resident apps are: ShadowUser, NOD32, ProcessGuard Full, RegDefend, LnS, and Ad Muncher. I have even tried uninstalling ShadowUser to no avail. I have always performed the backup with everything disabled, and still my OS freezes at the end of the validation process(outcome of the validation is always positive).

Acronis support has been active and analysed a lot of data (Device tree, Acronis report, SnapAPI) and they insist in saying that it is a driver conflict with NOD32.

I personally don't believe it, and if I had to choose between the TI and NOD, TI would have to go but as I expected from all your responses nobody has ever complained about the two applications.

I can live with this, my only concern is the reliability of Acronis if disaster strikes under these circumstances.

8. Blackspear

More likely to be one of these 2, and my thoughts would be the former rather than the later.

9. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I don't follow their logic at all...
    In fact I can't see any...

Cheers :)

10. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I'm aware that PG and RD are likely to interfere with just about anything on a system, but could PG with its protection DISABLED, create such a conflict? An application that is disabled should behave as if it were uninstalled, shouldn't it?

Can anyone explain what are the ' SATA drivers' ?

Thanks

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Next logical step I've uninstalled PG and RD, guess what? Same results! A nice BSOD describing the problem as a 'hard error' this time.

I give up, but for the record I should say Ghost 9 from Symantec gave me a lot of problems, Acronis TI gave me more work (3 days trying things out), in the end if my HD fails I think it'll take only a day to reinstall everything into a new HD without any headaches.

To remain on topic, NOD32 has nothing to do with it. Period.

12. Blackspear

I didn't think so, and as you point out it appears to be a hard drive failing, I have seen this on one of my home PC's, swapped out the drive and problem solved.

All the best...

13. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Osaban,
    As an alternative to BS good advice, you may want to try this first.
    Did you remove all the registry entries that PG and RD may have left behind?
    Give your registry a quick cleaning w/ you favorite reg cleaner or D/L CCleaner (free) and try your operation again.

justa thought,

...screamer

14. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Screamer,

I appreciate everybody's advice, but my main HD works very well(what I mean is when there really is HD failure you see the symtoms all over the place), and my USB HD is brand new. I have been using for a long time RegSupreme Pro as a registry cleaner ( I also use CCleaner systematically).

I remember reading in the past that sometimes one does run into conflicts with particular types of computers and their hardware configuration, (but honestly this is pure speculation) and that goes beyond my very limited knowledge about computers.

One thing for sure: I'm considering reducing the number of my security applications to a bare minimum as software conflict is becoming as bad as malware itself. Nod32 will still remain one of my favorites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.