nod32 and acronis 10

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by scaa, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I am using nod32 with acronis 10.
    I am facing a problem with acronis and their support has asked me to temporarily uninstall nod32 and then see if the problem persists.
    Anyone here aware of any such issues and solutions?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Is the Acronis problem you speak of being dicussed in this thread ?

If so....since there is not much to go by in that thread other than the "Acronis Snap Restore operation is not finished yet" warning....would you mind explaining the issue in order to then offer possible solutions.

If that's not the Acronis problem you are speaking of....what is the issue ?

Bubba

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

As bubba suggested, you haven't given us enough information to begin even thinking about your problem..

I face problems every day, if I had as little information as this on the root of the problem, I think I'd just curl up and give up on life... no-one can tackle problems or issues with ANY degree of success (apart from sheer luck), with such a lack of information... cmon, help us to help you... !

4. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Thanks mates.
    Most of the times I am getting the error message as shown. I have a USB hard drive where I take scheduled images.
    Acronis support has requested me to uninstall nod32 and then see if the issue persists and I DO NOT WANT NOD32 UNINSTALLED.
    I should also point out that after this error message if I restart the system I CAN take images.
    I have win xp home with automatic updates enabled. I also have avg antispyware, windows defender and comodo firewall. I thought once comodo might be creating the problem and hence tried out za free with the same results.
    I am totally foxed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  5. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

i think it's not nod32 problem it's a problem in your hard please contact your hard disk manifacture

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The only way to find out if this remains a Nod32 issue is for you to adhere to the Acronis support request and temporarily un-install NOD. I do not see how you can do otherwise and considering it is fairly painless to re-install Nod32....why remain "totally foxed"....remove Nod32 from the equation and move on with your troubleshooting.

Also as a side note....a little lienancy will be given for the time being in regards to having 2 ongoing support threads active at the same time.

Bubba

7. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Scaa, you use Acronis Secure Zone on your external USB drive.

What would happen if you don't use Acronis Secure Zone on that USB-drive?
    See also:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=155143

PS:
    I myself use the Acronis bootable CD (version 9.0.3.677) to make backups to my external WD USB drive (or to restore from), without Secure Zone; no problem.
    So in my case NOD32 isn't running at all at that moment.
    Well, in that case you can't do it scheduled (I guess), but that's no problem for me because I want to run some full systems scans before I make a backup.

8. J-Mac

J-Mac Registered Member

I have NOD32 2.7 installed and am using Acronis True Image 9 installed (haven't yet upgraded to version 10 due to reported problems with the initial release).

No issues here at all, though I save my images to a separate internal drive and I di not use the Aconis Secure Drive - I just devote my entire E drive to backup files.

9. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

Check with Acronis about doing an Incremental Backup utilizing a "Secure Zone" on a USB drive. This is what I see from your screen shot. If the Secure Zone were on your boot drive, is the norm, I believe. I've seen plenty of users advise/avoid using the Secure Zone feature. Perhaps just attempt storing one Image.tib file to the USB drive and see how that process goes. Of course if Acronis says it ought to work, then that becomes a different issue.

10. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Never understood logic of using secure zone on disk you are backing up as if disk fails, there goes backup.

By the way, usin 2.7 with 9.0, no secure zone (can't have it as use GoBack), and never had a problem. All backups from within windows xp to external usb drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.