NOD32 affects loading computer?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by alienboy, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alienboy

alienboy Registered Member

Hello all and I hope this is in the right place but im kinda in a tight spot. Heres the story, Recently got NOD32 and very impressed until I went to turn on the computer and I would get a Windows Error saying that it could not load explorer.exe. I restarted the comptuer in hopes that it was just a flaw. I happend 3 times so I decided that it had to be NOD32, I opened taskmanager and tried to delete the current NOD process and it wouldnt stop running. So than I remember a friend of mine went into msconfig one time for something and I stopped it through there and than restarted and my computer worked. I really dont know why its happening and didnt know really what to search for so I made a thread. Hopefully someone either had this problem or knows how to fix it. THanks for the Help-AB

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I've been dealing with something similar for years. Not coincidentally, I've been using NOD32 for years as well.

In my case, if I can manage to look, I invariably see nod32krn.exe in the throes of "Starting..." while my CPU is being pounded into submission. I also get errors in the event log mentioning the fact that the "NOD32 service hung on starting".

3. alienboy

what have you done to fix the problem? or atleast make a thing that it doesnt happen alot

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try disabling AMON and IMON, one at a time, to see if the problem goes away. Automatic AMON startup can be disabled in the AMON setup - Security tab. To disable IMON, click the Quit button in the IMON panel. Finally restart the computer.

If the problem still persist, there should be no chance it'd be caused by NOD32.

5. alienboy

But arent those programs a very crucial part of the NOD32? I mean it doesnt always happen. It seems after using the computer or atleast having it on all day 6 or 7 hours that when you go to turn it back on the "windows has encountered an error with explorer.exe" will come up and you cant get to your desktop. So I dont know really if I disable AMON or IMON which one it is. But please correct me if Im wrong. If AMON is disabled and your computer is clean, IMON will stop incomming viruses compared to AMON that scans current apps that might be carring it but if the computer is clean theres really no point. Is that how it works? Sorry for long posts Im new to virus protection and Im offically "divorced" from norton

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Yes, however doing this temporarily will determine if NOD32 is the issue. If the problem remains after this, then there is no possibility of it being caused by NOD32.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

7. alienboy

Well I took AMON off and played a game for an hour or so than turned the computer off and back on, That message came up again. So Ill try the IMON now and maybe play a bit and see how that goes. This has only started ever since I installed NOD32 by the way.

8. Blackspear

Only the above will determine if NOD32 is the issue.

9. alienboy

I just did the IMON test thing and the error messge came up again. SO to recap the error messge came up when AMON was turned off and IMON was turned off. Now what does this mean?

10. Blackspear

This means that NOD32 is not the cause of your issue, as neither the resident scanner (AMON) not the Internet Monitor (IMON) are loaded or running. The issue is with your Windows.

11. alienboy

huh so does this also tie in with the scvhost error i get once in a while? Or do you have any idea how to make it work. and thanks for the great help would of never of thought to do these simple tests. I thought it would be more involved

12. Blackspear

It very well could be. If it was my system I would be formatting and starting again.

13. alienboy

yeah its actually pretty decent and stable at times like this its not the best but I dont really know exactly what to do for forrmatting. If it gets to the point where i cant stand exiting out and restarting or what not Ill get my neighbor to help...but thanks again for your help on this

14. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

Google for error loading explorer, maybe u see something related to other errors on your system...?

15. Blackspear

You are welcome.

16. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Nothing. I have simply put up with it. Years of marriage have made me highly immune to things that many people would find gratingly annoying.

Another case in point: I've had an eyelash in my eye for six hours and only now am I bothering to deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.