Nod32 Adminversion and Upgrade Components

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Yoshman, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshman

Yoshman Registered Member

Hi everybody,

i use the admin version of nod32 to create local mirror for the updates. but one point confused me, from time to time the mirror settings say "Component upgrade ready" !? What are these updates? Because if i press the button, the info go away, but came back and i press it and if i look a day or maybe two later it is there again

regards steffen

Attached Files:

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The component updates are probably new versions of the NOD32 software, as opposed to just virus definitions. They have been downloaded and are ready to install. However, they will not install until you reboot the computer.

Go to NOD32 Control Center --> NOD32 System Tools --> Information . Compare the information before reboot and after reboot. Here is the info on my (non-admin) computer:

3. mave_rick

mave_rick Registered Member

How can i download nod32 updates?

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I think you can go to the NOD site and download them manualy.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    When you configure you "Update" portion, when you click on the "Setup" button of your Update, towards the center of that window you'll see two parts, "Virus Database" is Automatic by default, "Program Components" is "Offer" by default. Click the "Change" button to adjust this setting, I set it to "Perform Program Component upgrade if available, and leave the bottom choice to "Offer restart if necessary".

Program updates are brought in through the regular update...you don't have to go download something and reinstall it or anything.

6. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

In another topic he said he couldn`t update that way. He never received his pass or userid. Least that`s what I read in it...also the reason I said manual updates. :)

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I didn't see that in this thread....but if he doesn't have a user/pass, how will be download the programs? You still need a user/pass to download the program itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.