Nod32 administrator updates!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rovannam, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rovannam

rovannam Registered Member

Hi guys i'm new here. Say can anyone perhaps help me or explain to me how exactly do i setup my administrative nod to dump the updates to the client pc's. Nod's own pdf file nor the system is to explanatory on the subject. The setup that i have is as follows :

Windows server2003 --running the nod32 v2.5 administrator
    20 xp pc's connecting through workgroup to the server -- running normal nod packages.

Please any help would be much appreciated!

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

there are several ways to do it - here is how I setup the mirror functionality.

1. make sure your admin version sits on a machine with a static IP address on your private range (or public)
    2. setup the mirror for http update method allowed
    3. add a new update server to your config on the client PCs, and make it the default - ie updates from http://10.0.0.128:8080/ if your ip of your admin version is on the ip 10.0.0.128.

That's it.

I've had best experiences using this method, and problems galore using the other methods, as we don't run a domain controller on our internal network.

hth

Greg

3. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Minor correction - The default port is 8081, not 8080. I agree completely that the http: method is the superior way to go.

Jack

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Just a thought in passing - As I understand it, only the Enterprise version is licenced for use on server operating systems... Has no impact on the solution to your question though. :)
    Cheers :)

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

but can be changed to ANY port of your choosing... ;)

6. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

as long as it's between 0 and 65535... :D

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Just a note, if you're running Small Business Server...since it has Sharepoint (or vanilla server and you installed Sharepoint)...kick up the port from the default, as Sharepoint takes :8080...I usually kick NOD RAS up to :8088 on my SBS clients.

Do so many Enterprise installs...been meaning to write up a NOD Enterprise Edition guide...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.