NOD32 adding a period to emails?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TomeOne, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomeOne

TomeOne Registered Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has noticed that a single period appears at the bottom of short (1-5 line) emails.

I'm trying to narrow down a weird issue with email on my host, I've already spoken to someone there about it. It did indeed start to happen after installing NOD32 (I used Avast before that), so I'm trying to figure out why it's doing this. o_O

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Which e-mail program are you using? Do you have any idea if the period is added by IMON or by EMON?

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi TomeOne,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

Is this happening on outgoing e-mails, incoming e-mails, or both?

4. TomeOne

Hi, thanks for the welcome. :)

I use the latest stable release of Thunderbird, but it's happened with the past versions since I installed NOD32 in April.

It only happens with my incoming emails. EMON is turned off for me because I don't use Outlook. "Append tag messages" is set to "no notifications" too, if that helps any.

Thanks. :)

5. alglove

Strange, it does not happen to me. Using Thunderbird 1.0.6 and NOD32 2.50.25 on Windows 2000 SP4 at the moment. I sent this as a test e-mail, and it came out normally:
    IMON is set to append to "Infected e-mail only".

If you look at the Message Source of the e-mail in Thunderbird, (Ctrl-U), do you see a period at the end of it, or is there some hidden code?

6. TomeOne

It appears as a plain old period in the source code. o_O

I will have to test two things: first, if it happens in another mail client while NOD32 is active, then second, if it happens when NOD32 is completely uninstalled. When I get a minute today I'll give it a go and report back.

7. TomeOne

All right. I uninstalled NOD32 and the problem still appears. I tried another e-mail client (The Bat!) and it doesn't happen there.

So, I figure something's up with my Thunderbird. Tried creating a new profile but I get the same problem. However, if I send a one-line e-mail to an account not on my domains, the period doesn't appear! So now I'm really not sure what is wrong here. :doubt:

8. alglove

It does sound like something with Thunderbird. Are you connecting to a plain POP3 account, or is there something special about your e-mail server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.