NOD32 6 and Outlook 2013

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ogre, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogre

Ogre Registered Member

This appears to be a bad combination :( With the ESET Outlook Add-in enabled clicking Send on a new email or a replied to email crashes Outlook instantly. All versions are 64bit and OS is Windows 7 with all current patches. I have disabled all other add-ins and enabled only the ESET addin and it still crashes so that pretty much narrows it down to that add-in being the cause of the crash.
    I've been an ESET user for several years and recommend it to all of my business partners and this is only the second time I or any of my business partners have had any issue with any version.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

The Outlook problem is a known issue, and according to ESET the problem is deep in Outlook itself, and ESET have contacted Microsoft so they can fix it AFAIK.

It was posted by Marcos here but I can't seem to find the post right now :(

3. Ogre

Ogre Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't put in the correct search words to find the other post :/ Hopefully MS and ESET will get it worked out soon.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Yup noticed this as well as some other issues with the new Eset. I've had to uninstall it for another product for the time being. :doubt:

6. oisin53

oisin53 Registered Member

Outside of removing/unchecking the eSet addin in Outlook 2013 in order to send any message, is there any other workaround? Any ETA on a solution or fix from either you folks or I guess now Microsoft? And out of curiosity, why does eSet reset that addin after a reboot? Or maybe I'm seeing things.

Thanks.

7. ajscott

ajscott Registered Member

Use the option in Eset instead of the option in Outlook to disable the add-on.

Advanced configuration > Web and Email > Email Client Protection > Email Client Integration > Integrate into Microsoft Outlook

8. boris79

boris79 Registered Member

Hi,

For me, outlook 2013 working if I disable only scan for sent messages in Nod32.

Best Regards.

9. boris79

boris79 Registered Member

Sorry,

Working for just one message, but later, same error still persist.

Best Regards.

10. TechSam

TechSam Registered Member

Eset - This incompatibility is a serious problem. Can we get a status update & ETR for this issue please?

TIA,
    TechSam

11. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Was this not fixed with 6.0.314.0 and newer? I am having no issues.

12. rekun

rekun Registered Member

It is already fixed in the latest build. Please download version 6.0.314.1 at the eset website and update

13. TechSam

TechSam Registered Member

OK, my v5 to v6 in-product update gave me v6.0.308.0 with the issue. A 2nd in-product update brought me to v6.0.316.0 & resolved the issue.

Thanks all,
    TechSam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.