Nod32 [4] (File Locked) Error.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by EvilOzzness, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilOzzness

EvilOzzness Registered Member

I am a fairly new user of the Nod32 Program and I am having a slight issue with the scanning process. When the scans are completed I am notified that all of my files are locked and cannot be opened.

The error in question looks like this:
    C:\hiberfil.sys - error opening (File licked) [4]
    And it repeats itself on every file it scans and when the scan is complete there is a note and the bottom of those which states:

[4] File cannot be opened. It may be in use by another application or operating system.

To my knowledge I only have one operating system and no other applications are running while I conduct these scans. My C Drive is in fact not locked, I leave that opened for obvious reasons. ;)

My Operating system is Windows XP SP2 and the version of Nod32 I am using is 1.1670 (20060720) NT. I do not know if this is normal or if this is causing this program to not be able to scan and protect my system.

I have recently had to restore my computer back to the beginning due to an attack which caused my system to delete all of its own data at a rapid pace, that issue has been taken care of but I do not have any theories on why this is happening when there is no obvious cause.

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ozzy

Note: I apologize if this was not the proper section to post this.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello . You have no problems . this is normal . Files which are in BLUE are locked because :
    They are either Windows files ,files in the system folder , files for your user accounts , other user files which are made private , password-protected ...or ..etc) . No problem about them . Files in RED are threats .

Learn how to protect your computer

Also , since you are new NOD32 user , read this and configure your NOD32 correctly
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

:)

3. EvilOzzness

EvilOzzness Registered Member

Thank you so vey, very much! I shall do that right away,

Cheers mate. :)
    -Ozzy

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !!! :thumb: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.