Nod32 4.24.40 and Thunderbird 3 Imap

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by The PIT, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Blimey Nod32 is getting more and more buggy.

Three pc's with latest Thunderbird and with the email scanner enabled you get messages flickering in and out of the inbox for ages. Sometimes it doesn't stop so you have too disable the scanner so you read the messages.

If you delete messages the same problem occurs and if you're unlucky you'll end up more and more duplicates of the same email.

Sometimes you can't delete emails once that's started you have delete all the msf files and allow Thunderbird to re-create them.

Sometimes when you delete messages they flicker in and out of the inbox and then just disappear altogether.

Latest nod32 fully updated.

Together with the problems we have downloading files from the internet it's getting to stage that I've either got to go back to an old version of nod32 or dump it altogether.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling scanning of received messages while leaving scanning of read messages enabled make a difference? What IMAP server do you connect to?

3. The PIT

I'll try that. I had disabled scanning bar incoming and that didn't make any difference.
    The imap I'm using is my work one and also Google. Both display the same problem.

4. The PIT

So far so good.
    Still it would be better if the emails were scanned before opening.

5. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

What do you have set in server name of that imap gmail account (Tools > Account settings > Server settings > Server name )?
    Is there:
    • imap.googlemail.com
    • imap.gmail.com
    • something else

6. The PIT

Thunderbird detected it as imap.gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.