NOD32 4.2 on NT4 SP6?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PCMonk, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

I see from the requirements 4.2 supports NT4 SP6. Has anyone here installed this? How was the install? How is performance?

2. rcash

rcash Registered Member

I have it running on NT4 sp6. Did it some time ago but from what I recall it was very simple and I have not had any issues so far.

3. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

I installed 4.2.40 on my old NT4 box. It installed OK but it would not connect to any update server or to the RA console. It gave me socket connection errors. I opened a case and worked with support consulting tier 3 a few times but nothing worked. The next step was to gen a sysinspect log and send that to support. Then probably another remove and reinstall.

Since this server is used for production and I was out of time I opted to go back to ver 2.7. There is no pressing need for the new features on this server so the reward for my trouble would be minimal. 2.7 re-installed and runs perfectly.

So just to give this post some meaning... Old systems are a dice toss no matter what it seems. Mine had issues. Old stuff... what cha gonna do? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.