NOD32 3.0 not compatible with WIPFW?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Yochanan, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yochanan

Yochanan Registered Member

I've got WIPFW installed with these rules in my wipfw.conf. Comcast is my ISP, and I use µTorrent. I tried ESET NOD32 3.0, and could not believe the CPU usage by ekrn.exe. NOD32 2.7 has never done this. I've tried build 642, but nothing changed after trying build 621. Something is horribly wrong. I even tried stopping the ipfw_helper service and exiting µTorrent, but NOD32 still used entirely to much CPU for it's own good. I'd open the GUI and change a setting or two, and it would lock up for about 30 seconds before letting go. I'm guessing 3.0 was rushed for Vista, and has not been worked on long enough--just like Microsoft with Vista. Anyone have any ideas, or will ESET ignore the lone guy with a problem, as usual? Heck, they don't care about their own resellers, so why should they? Good thing there's this user forum. Forgive me if I sound a bit bitter.

By the way, the Edit button does not do anything in Firefox 3.0b3. I had to use IE 7 to edit this post.

XP SP2
    P4 2.8 GHz
    2 GB RAM

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

While the program is installed (EAV 3.0) , contact ESET.

Open Help -> Contact Customer care . Fill in the data needed , press Next , allow the program to gather information about system and itself , press Next and you are ready . Make sure you have active internet connection for a while so that it can send the request.

3. Yochanan

I guess I should have mentioned my 2.7 license has expired, and I tried the 3.0 trial. What you just mentioned is not an option.

By the way, the Post Quick Reply button doesn't do anything in Firefox 3.0b3, either. Maybe you ought to update to vBulletin 3.68 Patch Level 2.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is an option . No matter you run a trial , if you have problem and ESET can help you fix it , they will do it. Just send a support request.

Mozilla Firefox 3.0 is still in BETA (bugs exist try another :D )

5. Yochanan

So you're telling me I've got to reinstall 3.0 (which is utterly and completely useless to me right now) to get any help? ekrn.exe hogs the CPU so much I can't even watch a movie on my computer with it installed. I do appreciate your quick replies. Can't I just submit a support request here?

By the way, I do realize I'm using a beta version of a browser, thanks. I was just letting folks know. It'll be final soon enough.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you submit a support request from that page , this will not help ESET , you'll just report it.
    However , if you have it already installed , you can send information about your setup so that they analyze that information .

You can also send them a log file of ESET SysInspector
    www.eset.eu/download/beta

7. Yochanan

When I have a whole day to devote to this, maybe I'll reinstall 3.0.642 and do that. I did try SysInspector when it first emerged, and found it absolutely useless, but I'll use it just long enough to submit a log. I really do appreciate your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.