Nod32 3.0 for servers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by edwin3333, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I have been using Nod32 since 2.5. On my servers, I have special builds to not install imon/emon/dmon due to known issues with Apache, MSSQL, MySQL, IIS, SMTP, et al. I am aware that Nod32 3.0 has been re-written and works very differently.

I am unsure what I should do with these servers when I upgrade them to 3.0. One of my servers is a POP3 server. Do I want Nod32 3.0 scanning all POP3 traffic?

I am aware that there is a difference between disabling IMON and not installing it. Not installing it prevents the hooks from installing. Disabling it means the hooks still are in place and traffic is going to Nod. Nod is simply allowing it all. On my HTTP servers disabling IMON wasn't good enough, I had to remove the hooks (not install IMON.)

So what is the proper thing to do with Nod32 3.0 in these cases? I have searched the forums and knowledge base and I can't locate this information for 3.0.

Thank you;

Edwin

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 is completely different application . I has no IMON and nothing hooks the Winsock . v3's web scanner is different . The kernel of the program (ekrn.exe) acts like a local proxy . By default all the HTTP/POP3 ports traffic goes through NOD32 . But this can be completely disabled or configured so that only the machine's local web browser's traffic is scanned (for example) .

I suggest you also use the Exclusion option to exclude from scanning some network related software/folders or other application you might have problems with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.