NOD32 3.0.650 RA for

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edwin3333, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

How do you control Web Access Protection/HTTP/Blocked Addresses in Nod32 AV BE (the version without a firewall)?

I tried the Personal firewall settings which show "List of blocked URL addresses" but this has no impact on the GUI, though I do see it update in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000200\Profiles\@My profile HttpUrlBlackList

Am I setting it in the right place, but a change requires a reboot?

2. edwin3333

To answer my own question, the GUI doesn't update with the forced changes automatically..

Seems if you want to block adultsite.com you have to list it two times. *.adultsite.com and adultsite.com to get it blocked. I could do *adultsite.com but sites like www.baum-essex.com would be blocked if I did *sex.com for example. Too bad Squid logic isn't used where .sex.com handles both the tLD and the FQDN's.

3. edwin3333

Found the documentation on this. Apparently the suggested way of doing this is using;

*adultsite.com*

But you have to be careful on things like *sex.com* as that will get things like essex.com too. So on things like that I do

*.sex.com*
    .sex.com*

This also gets web queries, so things like
    google.com/?q=bestadultsite.com
    would be blocked by the address above.

This gets nice because so many sites have things like */agecheck/* which can be blocked.

This isn't my primary adult blocking, but it's a nice additional tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.