NOD32 2.7 in Vista

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by fosius, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Hi,

I have just installed beta version in Vista RC2 Build 5744. If nod32 on-demand scanner isn't run with administrator privileges, error messages "Anti-Stealth technology initialization failed. The Anti-Stealth technology is working in restricted mode." and "Error reading MBR ...." are shown. If it is possible it would be much better to run on-demand scanner as Administrator or something like that..

2. phpmaven

phpmaven Registered Member

Eset has some work to do to make 2.7 Vista compatible. For example, it kills the Task Scheduler as witnessed be myself and several others.

3. Donald?

Donald? Registered Member

I Agree. Forget this first 2.7 beta release on Windows Vista, it generates critical errors in system services. Wait a new release, maybe ESET works better next time. :cautious:

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

A scan like the one shown in posts #70 through 80 here will be launched with system privelidges. Note that it is always a good idea to protect your NOD32 settings with a password.

Cheers :)

5. Donald?

Donald? Registered Member

Antivirus software needs to do any scan and clean tasks with system privileges elevation, independently of users privileges. This first release of NOD32 2.7 has problems with users accounts privileges and crashes Vista RPC system services. ESET's claims 2.7 beta release is Vista compatible, but this is NOT TRUE.

EDIT: crashes in Vista RPC system services solved = https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152956

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.