NOD32 2.5 won't update. Please Help!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by blackpearl, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackpearl

blackpearl Registered Member

Hello,

I m using the trial version of nod32 version 2.5. But I m not able to update my virus definations. When I try to update it says I m upto date, but in reality my virus definations are dated at June 23, 2005. What can I do to update it? Please help me.

Thanks.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi blackpearl, welcome to Wilders.

What is your computers system clock set as?

Cheers :D

3. blackpearl

I m not sure what exactly you want to know, but my computer system clock is set at the current date i.e. Nov 16, 2006. I m from India, so the time is set as GMT+5:30. Is the time and date got anything to do with the updates?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

4. blackpearl

Aye aye!! Its working now. It was a server problem. The setup was set as "Choose servers automatically". Then I tried a different one and it worked.

Sorry for the troubles.

Cheers!!! :)

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Now that you have updated, try to use the "choose servers automatically" again. It's the better choice, if one server is temporarily unavailable, it will switch to another. If you keep it set on one server, and that server goes offline / becomes problematic, your NOD will not update.

6. EsoxLucius

EsoxLucius Registered Member

I don't know what to say with that "choose servers automatically" function... I had the same problem as blackpearl over and over again when I've used nod32 and the thing is that I preffered to select the server manually.

You could do a trace on their server and see wich one is faster for you, from my experince I've never had problems with so many downtimes since I've switched to a manual selected server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.