nod32 2.5 + kav 5 both real time

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nisby79, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nisby79

nisby79 Registered Member

I run kav 5 and nod32 both with real-time protection enable without any problem.
    is there someone who have ths configuration?

excuse me for my english

2. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Just do not open Outlook 2003 with it like that and you should be ok. I have had NOD32, KAV 5 and Bit Defender all together working fine until I opened my email, lol. Frozen.

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

While it may be possible to run the two simultaneously, it is not advisable because the two programs will probably conflict when you most need them - that is when they both detect some malware and try to simultaneously clean them. It is quite possible that neither will be able to complete its process leaving your system pulverized.

Something similar happened to me when using two registry protection progams - they conflicted and hosed by registry. Moral of the story - sometimes less is more. ;)

Rich

4. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I run something "similar".

I have NOD32 IMON, and McAfee VS Enterprise for the main RTM.
    Since NOD32 is better at ITW, and I use only IMON, it won't conflict with my RTM scanner. Also, since everything bad can only get through from the internet, there is no point for me to have two RTM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.