Nod32 2.12 Update files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NotRegistered, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi again all.
    I'm just wondering what files I need to backup so that I can restore nod32 to the latest update I downloaded after I format. I'm building up to a format with in a couple weeks here if everything goes alright & while I'll still have internet avalible when I start restoring my software, including the wireless drivers, I'd like to have my anti-virus running at an updated level. Do I just back up the files in the update folder or do engine updates etc. get written to the main folder? Thanks guys & gals.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I would think there would be no guarantee you would be at the updated level if you format and install the backup.
    NOD is so easy to install or uninstall for that matter, I would just backup the current program and install it first after formatting.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

If you simply download the latest version from the Nod32 website just prior to formatting, you should find any updates to be minor...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

4. Umm.. maybe I wasn't totally clear on what I mean to do. I will be updating Nod32 up until I actually format... I have it checking for updates every 4 hours. When I'm ready to format Nod32 updates will be one of the very last things to be place on a cd. Once I format what I want to do is to install nod32 before *anything* except windows. So not even my network card drivers & only once nod32 is up & running proceeding to installing everything else. What I want to know though is if I take just the update folder from nod32 (in my case d:\program files\estat\nod32\updates I believe) & back that up to cd once my format is complete & I have nod32 installed will copying the updates folder over to the Nod32 directory fully update it or do some updates (like engine updates) not go into the updates folder but instead go into the main nod32 directory? The drive nod32 will be installed to after the format will be c: as it just occured to me that there may be machine specific elements to the updates?
    Anyways I hope this is clearer. I read over the comments you posted for me but they don't make to much sense. So either I totally misunderstand what you're trying to say or you misunderstood my question I think, Anyways thanks for replying.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Notregistered, I do understand what you are trying to do, I'm not sure if it is possible, so like I said, the simplest way is to download a FRESH copy of Nod32 just prior to formatting and backup this .exe file with the rest of your downloads, and as I said, any updates should be small upon reconnection to the internet. Just make sure you are firewalled PRIOR to internet connection.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

6. Ah yes ok... I didn't realize they updated the exes that frequently as well. I will try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.