NOD2 and VBA32 miss new Bagle Variant

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kye-U, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14346909

:'(

2. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

Never mind, NOD32 does detect it xD

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I checked the file at Jotti's when there were only 2 AV that detected it, KAV was not among them. Anyway, it was only a dropper and subsequently dropped file was flagged as Bagle.BI, so it wasn't actually a severe threat.

4. Ned Slider

Ned Slider Registered Member

I had this one show up in my inbox yesterday too as price.zip. I'm also seeing lots of Padobot (aka Korgo) worms showing up.

Ned

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  5. Dimka

Dimka Registered Member

It was detected by VBA32 heuristic on level 3 ("excessive") , but scanner on Jotti's site is configured to use level 2. You can scan your files using our online scanner at http://anti-virus.by/check/ (sorry, but only in russian yet), it's configured to use level 3 of heuristics analyzer.

6. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Important point, and one of the reasons why VBA32 tests so high in my own testings, I use aggressive heuristics. Also i've noticed Jotti uses Linux version, which I think makes a difference, he really should be running Windows versions of all products.

VBA32 does exceptionally well on outbreak detections we run here. One of the few, if not the only - to offer Zero-Hour protection for tons of threats. (once again, based on experiances in this specific lab)

7. Az7

Az7 Guest

100% True, Paranoia heuristics in VBA32 is impressive!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.