Nod vs MSE

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by scscomputer, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scscomputer

scscomputer Registered Member

I think that Microsoft Security Essentials does a much better job at catching malware that nod32. I am tired of cleaning infections that nod ignores but MSE stops. Free is much better than a paid product that doesn't work. I have to use malwarebytes and superantispyware to clean up nod protected PC's.

What are your thoughts?

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

The fact that you post this in the version 2 forum makes me think you still use version 2 of EAV.
    You seriously should upgrade to version 4.2 which offers superior protection compared to version 2, which is already years old (actually version 5 is already around the corner). Your license is valid for all versions of your product.

Also, no product will catch 100% of the viruses. There are enough threats MSE will miss but EAV will stop.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Nod is best AV.;)

4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi scscomputer,

Do you have samples of those threats that were undetected by Nod32 that you could submit to our virus lab?

If so, please follow these instructions for a better analysis:

How to submit virus or potential false positive samples to ESET's labs

Additionally, take Matthijs5nl's recommendation into account, version 4 includes a lot of improvements and we recommend you to install it.

Thank you.

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

As this is not a request for NOD32 support but is an antivirus A vs B type question, a further continuation of this thread may be in violation of Wilders policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.