NOD Update error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Huwge, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I've tried to update a few times today but keep getting an error that says Download Interrupted. My Firewall is not showing any traffic while trying to update. All settings are correct and NOD is allowed through the FW. This has only started happening today. I'm running the trial version at the moment and have about 20 days left

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Kairii, I have split your post off on to its own topic here so that it could be addressed better.

Hi Huwge, welcome to Wilders, can you please check that your setup is the same as that of the screenshot...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

3. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I changed the server to automatic. The only other diference is that I have auto download turned off. I still get the same result as I previously posted :(

4. kairii

kairii Registered Member

ok why was my post deleted?? i was simply expressing how i felt.......and i did filtered out the swear words....it wasnt against the rules.....and it was relevant....

anyway i cant still upadte nod32......keeps saying "can't connect to server" or somethign along that line....and this happens everytime a new updates come out....and i'm sure i'm not teh on;y one experiencing this problem.......it's UNACCEPTABLE...

edit: oops nevermind....Blackspear has splitted my post and made a new thread...thanks mr BLackspear.....

5. Blackspear

That's ok Kairii, and my pleasure.

Can you please take a look at the above screenshot, are your settings the same, as in servers set to "Choose Automatically?"

6. Blackspear

I am looking into it at the moment, have emailed Eset and are waiting on their reply...

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I'll add a couple of comments on updating.

Having used many antivirus programs over an eleven year span, NOD is not alone with people having update problems.

The causes are many. Server overload, the files are not transfered completely to the servers, internet glitches, etc.

Daily updates have increased the problem manyfold.

At one time, daily updates were unheard of. Weekly or less was the norm.

NOD has a built in advantage over most other antivirus programs. The heuristic engine is without peer.
    If a new virus or exploit comes along, chances are it has been there for more than a few days.

Just because one becomes aware of new malware doesn't mean it is going to attack you at the moment.

As far as NOD is concerned, the updates they push out seem to work well for me. I may get them sooner than others or others may get them sooner than me.

NOD updates as well as most and better than a lot of programs.

8. kairii

kairii Registered Member

ok i've changed back to "choose automatically" will see if it helps next time....thanks for the tip..

9. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Just tried again with success. Would be intersting to know what the problem was/is though as I'm still evaluating NOD after ditching NAV :D

10. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Any update please Blackspear ?

11. Blackspear

Hi Huwge, Bandicoot has replied in another thread regarding servers being added in the USA, however, I believe you resolved your own issue by changing the server to "Choose Automatically":
    I have seen this before where server failure errors etc occur when a particular server is chosen instead of Auto. Auto is designed to roll through the servers and keep the load balanced...

Hopefully your issue is no more ;)

Let us know if it comes back...

12. PLeX?

PLeX? Registered Member

For what it's worth...I took a look at our Remote Admin Event Logs and noticed quite a few "Error connecting to server u[x].eset.com" especially in the last 48 hours. Either u2a.eset.com, u3.eset.com, and u4.eset.com.

We're still getting updates but it does appear there are some problems with a few servers lately.

13. Blackspear

Many thanks for that PLeX™, it always seems if there is a update problem "U2" can be found at the centre of it, must be their primary server...

14. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Yep, u2 is the weakest server, but if set to automatic selection updates should be downloaded fine from other servers. As it's already been pointed out here, we're adding new update servers to overcome the intermittent overload.

15. Blackspear

Thanks for that Marcos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.