NOD stopped coming up in system tray

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ejr, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Something odd is happening on my system.

When I do a hard shutdown of the computer (turn it all the way off), the NOD icon doesn't pop up in my system tray.

If I do a "re-start", NOD does come up.

The only change I have made recently is switching monitors.

Anyone else ever experience this?

2. Mr_Panther

Mr_Panther Registered Member

Hi,

I'm new here, but I've been lurking since I got NOD32 in late October; I saw this post and thought I'd register! :D

This has happened to me once a few weeks ago- I fired the PC up and NOD32 didn't appear in the System Tray, but I checked Task Manager and both NOD32 processes were running ok, so I just opened the NOD32 Control Panel manually from All Programs and when I closed it, it minimised to the System Tray- I've never had it happen to me since. I hope this helps! :)

Excellent forum here, by the way- I've visited every day since I installed NOD32 and the advice here is always fantastic!

:D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've noticed that Online Armor prevents the Control Center from being loaded at startup. Couldn't this be the case?

4. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Not on this machine. I have NOD plus OA on my other machine. Ironaically, I haven't noticed that problem on the machine with OA.

On this machine I have:

Spyware Doctor, NOD plus Comodo Firewall.

Also, if I manually open the control panel, it minimizes to the system tray. And on restarts, the control panel minimizes to system tray. Only and hard shutdowns have ai noticed this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.