NOD standard version?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Robyn, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I am only running the current commercial version of NOD but most on the forum seem to be running the beta versions o_O am I OK keeping to the standard version of NOD until the beta bugs have been ironed out? I am worried in case there is the possibilty that I do not have the features in the new versions I could be at risk of something :'(

I would prefer to wait until the final release as I don't really like beta anything but just concerned if I am the only one with an 'older' version running o_O and maybe it is no longer efficient even though I have only recently purchased.

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

The beta is perfect and no problems at all. Is working even better that the commercial version.

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

The beta version seems very stable... But not stable enough for ESET to release it as the main version. So, if you are not into testing beta-software, or if your machine is critical, stay with the official version until a new one is released by ESET.
    If you like to try, give the beta a go. I like it! :D

(But then again, I have back-ups / images for all my critical files)

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Robyn: I'm staying with good 'ole 2.12.3 too. Nothing against the beta at all and I am looking forward to the new general release!

But running beta's does mean that issues "could" still be undiscovered (thus the reason it's still a beta.) And running beta's also means installing the software on more than one occasion (installing the beta's (to keep up to the latest release) and then reinstalling again for the final release.)

On the other hand, based on comments I've read here, this beta does seem smooth. But I think I'll wait... After all, patience is a virtue, right? ;)

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Robyn, you are fine using the current commercial release, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it or by doing so.

The Beta is a prelude of what is to come, and you will see Beta's come and go about once a year, for those that like to test Beta's and run imaging software for when/if something goes wrong, then there really isn't much of an issue. I'm still not placing my customers on the Beta, I will wait for the final release before doing so, even though this Beta is more like a final release than any of its predecessors, it is very strong and stable...

Hope this helps.

Cheers :D

6. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks again to everyone (just me with all my wee worries) I really would prefer to stay with the version I have until the stable one is released.

I do read the posts about it with the optimise settings etc but I also read about the little bits which may stll be wee bugs - don't like wee bugs although Eset would probably like me to be a tester as if there are any bugs I am sure to find them :rolleyes:

As long as my notebook is stable and NOD is doing its work as it is I think I will just wait until Eset decide it is suitable for someone like me (& Blackspear has his configuration post made ;) )

Thanks I have all my other layers and adding to them so hopefully NOD will not have to alert me about anything even though I am still in standard mode :)

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Well, if you call a typo in help files or two letters missing in AMON's bubble a bug, then don't install the beta. To be honest, we do not plan to change anything in the current program unless an actual bug is reported.

8. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Well, if you call a typo in help files or two letters missing in AMON's bubble a bug, then don't install the beta. To be honest, we do not plan to change anything in the current program unless an actual bug is reported.

Just wondering how long you think you will wait for a bug to be reported - if everything keeps running as smoothly as it appears, can we expect a final release soon? :)

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to hear Marcos.

Cheers :D

10. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

If I read Marcos correct this beta is in fact the end product, so the only will take out the Beta picture in the final version. If no real errors errupt.

11. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Sounds good to me now that the bugs are only cosmetic :)

12. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Maybe is time to try the beta:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.