nod registry key question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lvhkyjr2, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvhkyjr2

lvhkyjr2 Registered Member

Gave regsupreme registry cleaner a trial run, found this nod reg key safe to delete, [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Common, Quarantinedirectory C:\\Porgram Files\\Eset\\infected. Common sence I fugured NO! Im guessing nod re-creates this reg key if it removed?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,
    is there any particular reason for the key to not appear in the registry?

3. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

My general advice regarding the registry manipulations: if it works, do not touch it in any way. If it will stop working after you DID something, it is only your problem.

Registry cleaners are generally safe, but .... There are always exceptions :D

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Agreed. :)
    The registry is a great place to solve problems, but you can just as easily create more then you imagined. (backup, backup and be sure to make backups) :D

Regards,

Pieter

5. lvhkyjr2

ya theres a particular reason for the key not to appear in the registry, program file does not exist reason

6. lvhkyjr2

didnt ask the question to get lectured on registry cleaners

7. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

That registry setting is where NOD32 should save it's quarantined objects. However, it doesn't create that folder until the first time the quarantine is used.. That's why the value in the registry points to a folder that doesn't exist. (not sure what happens if that one doesn't exist when an item is to be quarantined)

Best regards,
    Anders

8. lvhkyjr2

I would recommend regsupreme registry cleaner. I disabled AMON and downloaded the eicar test virus to my hard drive after deleting what regsupreme found safe to delete reg keys, then turned AMON back on and detected the eicar test virus and tryed to put it in quarentine and I got an error and couldnt quarentine it. Then restored the back up in regsupreme that it deleted. Dowloaded eicar again and was able to quarentine it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.