NOD ondemand.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by GES/POR, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Dear gents and lads,

Can i use nod 2.7 ondemand scanner aside to realtime avira antivir without conflict?

TIA and good holiday.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

it may be possible (just disable all monitors and any startup entries), but why would u want to use NOD32 for ondemand only?

3. GES/POR

Ive recently bought myself avira antivir hbdev for the purpose of it's guard. Now i have a few days left before my nod licence expires.

Im hoping when i install nod i will have the option to only install the ondemand and am hoping no bsod will come my way as i don't have the time to reinstall my os again.

The hell with it. Ill try.

Do you think i should use nod as main av (guard) instead of avira? If so, why?

Thanks for the fast respons and have a pleasent evening.

4. WSFuser

im thinking u should only have one AV installed.

if u want more protection, use a-squared or avg anti-spyware. and if u must scan your computer with a second AV, try an online scanner; theres several to choose from.

5. GES/POR

A-squared is on my wishlist. Cus of it's current discount ill be buyin it before the end of the year.

I thought i read somewhere on av comparitives to add a second ondemand scanner of another av for optimal protection and here i notice lot's of posters havin lot's of ondemand scanners aside their main aplication.

So it's a definete no no?

6. WSFuser

i just recommend only having one AV.

not all AV can get along or be installed ondemand only, and theres online scanners u can use anyways.

and if you are worried your realtime AV will miss something, then get a better AV to start with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.