nod not updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by iarhill, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iarhill

iarhill Registered Member

I have had no updates since Oct 11. Nod is set for automatic updates and appears to be checking. If I ask it manually to update it tells me it is up to date. However my version is 1897 and I see that one user is on 1898. Can anyone tell me why this is - and why no updates for 6 days?

2. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

Check your logs, via Logs > Event Log. From first glance, it sounds like your subscription may have expired, but without knowing the exact error from the logs, it could be anything.

If you could copy and paste the log into here, we'll be able to help you further. :)

To do this, right-click the event log reporting the error, click "Copy selected", then paste into here.

3. zoriv

zoriv Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi iarhill, welcome to Wilders.

Please check the following:

NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup> Server is set as "Choose Automatically".

Click on Advanced and make sure LAN is set for ADSL/Cable or Dialup is set for Wireless/Dialup.

Then check Proxy Server Setup> setup to make sure there isn't a tick in there (99.99% of people do not use a proxy).

Then check that LAN servers connection> Setup is set to System Account (default).

Beyond this the NOD32 should update unless a firewall is blocking Internet connection for NOD32.

Cheers :D

5. iarhill

Thanks Blackspear. all the settings were correct, my subscription is a new one and I had trouble getting Nod32 to let me download the updates on the day I subscribed ( from trial to purchased ). I had a look at Lookee and tried some different servers. U2 updated where u4 had not. I find this very worrying. With the trial version I found Nod32 updated four times a day at least and then the moment I bought it, it stopped. How on earth do I know now that I can trust Nod32?

This is a few moments later. After I wrote the above, I clicked update again and it said my trial had expired. I then clicked upgrade and it went through it all, and now every time I click update I get the whole process of Nod updating itself to the same latest version. What on earth is going on? Here is the log from the day I bought Nod. I have had the same problem with U3. My user name and password have been stored and Sales checked that it was accepted as valid - indeed every time I click upgrade to full version the whole thing goes through. And then if I click update, it tells me that I am still using the trial version

Time Module Event User
    18/10/2006 18:23:46 Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1809 (20061018 ).
    18/10/2006 18:23:01 Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1809 (20061018 ).
    18/10/2006 18:21:41 Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1809 (20061018 ).
    18/10/2006 18:20:52 Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1809 (20061018 ).
    18/10/2006 18:19:42 Update You have been using NOD32 for more than the 30-day trial period. Update is no longer possible. DESKTOP\Iris
    18/10/2006 18:14:00 Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1809 (20061018 ).
    16/10/2006 15:14:48 Kernel Statistical information has been sent to Eset.
    11/10/2006 20:08:27 Kernel Statistical information has been sent to Eset.
    11/10/2006 12:46:09 Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1797 (20061010).
    11/10/2006 12:00:23 Update You have been using NOD32 for more than the 30-day trial period. Update is no longer possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2006
  6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure you have the update server set to Choose automatically. Selecting a specific server might theoretically result in unpredictable behavior if you upgrade a trial version to a full version without reinstalling it.

7. iarhill

Marcos - it was set to choose automatically and that is when it refused to update at all!

8. iarhill

I have now installed the downloaded version over the upgraded trial version and it refuses to update saying that I am running the trial version - this even though it has the username and password in the settings. What a mess. I have a feeling that even if I uninstall it completely and do a reinstall, it will be badly behaved and leave entries scattered throughout the registry:-:mad: What am I supposed to do?

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

- download the full commercial version 2.51.26
    - uninstall NOD32
    - restart the computer
    - delete the program files\eset folder
    - install NOD32 2.51.26
    - restart the computer
    - update NOD32 to the most current version while leaving the server set to automatic selection

10. iarhill

Funnily enough Marcos I have already done that! I also deleted Windows temp files and the eset temp install folder to make sure. I have the latest version and I have updated it and run a scan. Also got locked files and need to check out the thread on that! However the automatic server option only got me a connection failure and have had to specify a server. I am now into the dialogue which says I have the latest sigs and will have to wait to see what happens next. Thanks for your help

11. iarhill

OK - seems to have worked! It has now updated itself every day - what on earth do beginners do I wonder?

12. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The majority don't have an issue, those that do seek help as you have done ...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.