Nod Newbie: dufus question #3 & #4

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by SG1, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

After altering NOD setup a bit, I >still can't< find method to update the (trial) ver. that I have. Looked in every spot I could think of; what am I missing here?!

Also, turned off mail checker portion of NOD, as we don't generally use MS mailer that NOD offered to protect; but, is it perhaps smarter to get into habit of using the MS mailer, now that I have NOD on the job, as it were?
    I've a number of security items running while online, but I feared the one gap may be an an e-mail virus via friends & relatives sending them - unaware that they are infected, which has likely felled many a PC.

*Vastly appreciate your help, info*, SG1 (Pat)

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

That's done using the NOD32 Control Center. It should be started after the installation, if you didn't deselect it during installation.

Just single-click the CC icon in the tray (lower right corner, white diskette with the letters "CC" on it).

There are the settings for it. Click "Connection setup" and select your type of internet connection, then close that window with OK.

Then choose either "Minimum" or "Full", and select the "Automatic update every" option. It should now update, and it will also do it every X hours if there is a network connection at that time.

Best regards,
    Anders

3. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi SG1,
    The NOD32 for POP3 checks not only e-mails coming through a MS mailer - it supports also other mailers that are using the POP3 protocol.
    The NOD32 for POP3 checks the incoming e-mail and pops up a warning when a virus is detected - but AMON in fact stops the malicious action so that the computer isn't infected e.g from the incoming e-mail and keeps the outcoming e-mail clean.

Anyway, in the NOD32v2 it's already possible to clean/rename/quarantine/delete a virus in an e-mail via the IMON Winsock scanner. You can try the new beta, if you want - it can be downloaded from here.

Good luck, :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.