Nod in ZA

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dfw, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Is it not about time that Nod 32 was able to be picked up by zone Alarm free ver antivirus monitoring, not that it makes much diffence, just be nice to see it there.

Attached Files:

• dd.gif
      dd.gif
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2006
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This would come down to the makers of ZoneAlarm adding this.

Cheers :D

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

First , you have to ask ZoneLabs about this
    Then , you have Windows XP which has Security Center ,excellent :D

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

ZA only detects the 'popular' AV's ie. Norton / McAfee etc.
    Nothing to worry about though.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 is much more popular than crappy Norton and McBluffy :D :D :D

and much better , though ;)

6. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I was beta testing ZA before the last public beta and I did ask why Nod is not showing and are they going to fix that. They said that there were more important issues to worry about then Nod being detected. They`ll get around to it when the bigger issues are taken care of. They also told me that in previous beta test. So really, who knows?

7. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I feel it may be a parochial thing and only detecting American software. AOL is absolutely the same that way-doesn't detect NOD, it also doesn't detect Comodo firewall but does, of course, detect MCafee, Norton, Zone Alarm etc.
    There is absolutely no excuses for these companies not to be able to put in detection for other, non mainstream American software.

If you think about it, it could 'scare' newbie users into going for the 'land of the free' security software so they don't have to be confronted by the red texted warnings every time they boot their PC.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Most software companies run their company the way they want to, in any country. And, most companies these days are International companies.

I'm quite sure Zone Labs would prefer you use their antivirus solution. It's called marketing.

As long as I know my antivirus is working, it doesn't really matter that other apps or operating systems detect it.

Let's avoid veiled political comments on any country in these forums.

9. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

When we say detect the most 'popular' AV in the ZA forums, what we mean is that ZA can only detect the AVs that have the most user-base. Judging from the "top 5 AV" thread in this forum, I should think that you would already know which are the popular AVs among all the userbase and not just the "geek" or "very security-concious" users.

No-doubt that other AVs are getting more prominance but at the moment the market leaders are still clear-cut above the rest. It will just take sime time. ZL is currently working on the beta of ZA 6.5 and the 64 bit ZA too. Even if people have the AVs that ZA detect, we advise them to turn the feature off if they have Windows XP SP2 to reduce memory usage because they would just be duplicating what Windows Security Centre is doing.

10. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

And to be honest it would not bother me if NOD32 does or doesn't show up, at the end of the as long as both ZA and NOD do their job I'll be happy.

11. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Fair enough, but there is no reasonable excuse for AOL not to recognise other security software when they operate in other countries.
    You are clearly not the average clueless user who could and may be swayed by seeing that one of their security apps or browsers is saying that there is no anti virus or firewall installed when in fact there is. This marketing is nothing more than a dispicable corporate ploy and I for one wont be bending over just to get my bum felt.

I would like to see a rule brought in to say that if a browser or any security software is going to have something as important as security application detection in their software with warnings in red letters then they must either be;
    a. able to detect all security software, or
    b. not be able to use this ploy

as this could lead uninformed or inexperienced users unfairly away from whatever choice they want to make.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  12. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

ZONEALARM on this issue enough said. :rolleyes:

That's my 2 cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.