NOD for Linux? Does it exist?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by wir.sing, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wir.sing

wir.sing Registered Member

Im running a Linux and a Windows box. On the windows machine Im currently running ESS beta, which I really grew to like especially for its lightweightness (what a word :D).

Now Im curious if ESET offers a Linux workstation version of NOD or maybe even ESS. I quickly checked on eset.eu but couldn't find anything. I currently got the free Antivir installed, but since I liked ESET products on ma windows machine a lot I wondered if they had something similar for Linux.

And just to clarify this: Im no "switched yesterday from Win to Lin and now I wonder why I can't find an AV for Lin" user. I have Antivir installed as On-Demand, because sometimes its quite handy to have a scanner in reach for Windows viruses. More of something to play with for me, to see if the attatchment was indeed a virus or to warn a mate that his comp is prolly infected.

/edit:

I found that ESET offers them as commercial products. But I couldn't find a Trial/Demo of it. Any chance there is something like that? Really would like to try it out now. Curious how it works on Linux. xD

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, just contact your local Reseller / Distributor or ESET for a trial of this product.

Cheers :D

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I don't think they offer a desktop Linux version because one isn't really needed, you have to really try to infect a Linux system. You would only need an active AV on linux if you were hosting a file server or an email server, and Eset offers products for both of those.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

as blackspear indicated - contact a local reseller and they'll sort out a trial of linux fileserver version. this can run on a linux running any form of gui - of course it's a shell version, but you want to set and forget your AV anyway don't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.