NOD disk vs. online purchase

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by razorboy, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razorboy

razorboy Registered Member

If one receives a NOD32 retail packaged disk, and there is no CD drive in the netbook with which to install, is there a printed license/authorization # in the package with which to authorize the already-installed trial version, or is that data only on the disk?

Thank you

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The CD/retail packaging comes with an "activation code" - you enter that code, along with your personal details at the ESET website:

http://www.eset.com/activate/

Once activated, you are given the license username and password - those can be used to convert your trial to a full version, and to download upgrades and updates from the ESET website in future.

In a connected world, as long as you keep your username/password safe, the CD and the boxed version are just going to collect dusk - I never keep them any more - but - boxed versions cost MORE than the download - if you haven't already bought, just buy the electronic license!

3. razorboy

Thank you. the central point is: the activation code is on the paperwork, not just on the disk, yes?

[NOD happens to be on sale locally, boxed.]

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

yes - it should be inside the box - not on the CD itself, as every CD would have to be different. All the retail boxed versions I have seen have an activation code on/in the box.

5. razorboy

Thanks again. I bought two; one for a friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.