nod causing total acsses to crash

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by B.CAMP., Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.CAMP.

B.CAMP. Registered Member

i have been using nod 32 over a year just renewed for another year they sent me name and password but i cant download new version. my earthlink total acsseswould crash when ever i loged on to internet,micrsoft crash sight saidnod was causing this so i dealted my paid version and loaded a free copy , stillcrashing on log on i need help .have paid for but i dont know how to get new download

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi B.Camp, welcome to Wilders.

Part of the following advice are steps to fixing "Winsock" which may just be the issue you are seeing. I would try the Winsock fix first and then download a FRESH copy of Nod32 from www.nod32.com

Uninstall your current version.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above.

A comprehensive set of cleaning steps can be found here. The steps mentioned use software that ought to be part of your security, as an absolute minimum. Once your system is clean, please don’t hesitate to ask further about using these and other security software to protect your computer.

If you find Windows system files affected, you can place your Windows CD in the drive, click start> run type in CMD, when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow" SFC (System File Checker, a part of Windows File Protection) will replace any changed/damaged system files with a clean copy. SFC may not solve every problem, but it's a good start that anyone can do.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

3. B.CAMP.

well i think the winstx thing seems to have worked at least i have been able to log on several times , thanks for help!

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see, let us kow how you go after a few days.

All the best...

Cheers :D

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

It will still crash every so often, I got tired of it and excluded IMON from checking Total Access, This only happens with Total Access 2005, not 2004 so I think it was something Earthlink did with new version.

6. B.CAMP.

i think mine is working great , was able to download the new paid version seems to be working thank for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.