Nod blockd ALL internet access

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by _Ghandi_, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Ghandi_

_Ghandi_ Registered Member

Hi all,

Yesterday i removed my previous AV to install the trial version of Nod32 3.0.669.0, because it was recommended by a relative as 'the best' AV available.

Imagine my disappointment when, following it's update, Nod32 proceeded to block my every attempt at accessing the internet. This was not only my browser, but any other application i tried with. I found that changing settings for 'web access protection' so that it was not enabled would then allow me to access the intenet.

Now, that has me in a bit of a bind. What is the point of having an AV that can provide protection for web access, only for it to be a totalitarian protection. One where the protection is absolute, because my PC cannot use the internet while it is activated.

I have tried adding my browser to the list in web access protection config, it didn't help. I even tried 'marking the box with a cross' (same config area) to tell Nod32 not to filter content, which defeats the purpose of having the web protection in the first place. This still didn't work. The only way i can access the web is if Nod32 doesn't have it's web protection module activated.

Is there anybody here that has had this experience or knows of a solution? I really would like to try Nod32 but if it means i cannot access the internet it is a no-brainer that i chose the internet. ;)

_Ghandi_

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that you have another firewall installed which might block Internet access for ekrn.exe? Could you try installing EAV v4 beta (discussed here) to see if it makes a difference?

3. _Ghandi_

_Ghandi_ Registered Member

Thank you for your response.

I haven't got any firewall other than the hardware one that comes with my router & Windows Firewall. This setup worked ok with the previous AV i had (AVG) but i guess it could be conflicting with Nod32. I'll download the v4 beta and see if it helps.

Once again, thank you for your help and Happy New Year!

_Ghandi_

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

After installing V4 beta you can run ESET SysInspector and check if there are some leftovers from AVG that might be causing the issue when the http traffic is redirected through ekrn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.