nod and ewido

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by donsan, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsan

donsan Registered Member

hi just a quick question if i may.I'm a faithfull user of nod32 212.3 and fill it is the best anti virus program that i have ever used. I just recently purchased ewido and seems to be a good program but i have noticed in amon that it is always showing ewido guard.exe, what is amon doing scanning ewido as it is scaning files and does this hender amons protection ability. I have no problems at all with this slowing down my computer but i just want to make sure that nod is able to do it's job. I also have a license for trojan hunter and if i run th guard i do not see this problem if it is a problem. thank you in advance for any response.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I also run Ewido, however, due to the realtime file monitor slowing my system down, I have that part of Ewido turned off. My surfing habits are such that a realtime Trojan scanner is not required, besides which I have my trust in Nod32 and its detection abilities, I use Ewido once a month to run a scan on my system.

AMON is scanning every file that Ewido is scanning, you might try excluding Ewido.

Having AMON scanning Ewido will not hinder AMON’s protection at all, the only result I believe you are already seeing, that being a slow down in your system…

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

When I had ewido I saw the samething and when I disabled ewido nod seemed to work better not having to scan ewido constantly.

4. donsan

donsan Registered Member

thanks all for the quick response i decided to use trojan hunter full time and will will use ewido as a on demand scanner that way amon is reading my files and i can see what it is reading instead of a constant ewido guard exe i have no problem with trojan hunter in this respect as i said earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.