NOD and ADinf

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rui, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hello

I am currently trialing ADinf32 (file integrity checker). Does anyone know if NOD can be configured to cooperate with (being commanded from) ADinf?. What happens is that, after checksumming files, Adinf logs a list of changed computer files in the file "ADINF.LST". Can NOD be set to scan through command line only those changed files, reading this "ADINF:LST"? If so, what command line switches should I use?
    Thanks in advance!
    Best regards
    Rui

2. gnervt

gnervt Registered Member

hi! a simple script could do this. please post some lines from adinf.lst.

3. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hi gnervt and thanks for your reply!
    In fact, ADINF.LST is a common text file, that contains a list of files intended for scanning, including its full path. For example:

"C:\Programas\PocoMail3\Mail\Trash.~idx
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.gbo\bookmarks.bak
    C:\Programas\PocoMail3\Mail\Trash.idx
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.gbo\Cache\C06BADD9d01
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.gbo\XUL.mfl
    "

Thanks again for your attention
    Best regards
    Rui

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Rui,

Just for my understanding, may I ask which way you want it?
    I mean this: It can be set, in theory, to work two ways (if I understand it right from ADinf32):
    1- When you have done a scan with ADinf32, you can let an AV scan the changed files.
    2- You can let a full scan with an AV do only scan the changed files.

I have to admit that I myself have not set up my ADinf32 in neither of those ways, and I have no experience with it.

If I understand you right, then you want option 2.
    I myself see hardly any use for it: a full scan with NOD32 takes such a little time.

As for option 1, I give a screenshot from the ADinf32 Helpfile.
    This screenshot describes the way how to do it with Dr.Web.
    If I remember me right, Blackspear has given the command line switches for NOD32 in his guidelines.

Attached Files:

5. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hi FanJ

Thank you very much for your response!

You understood me quite right: I am interested in option 2, the one where ADinf32 triggers an on demand scan of changed files.

I appreciate and thank you for your effort in posting that screenshot. I have already discovered that ADinf32 can be set to work with DR.Web, McAffee and AVP (meaning KAV, I think). But what about NOD32? Is this possible?

On the other hand, I have already perused Blackspear guidelines and command line switches for NOD32, and although it seems NOD32 has a profusion of switches, I did not find any indication it can be set and triggered to scan only changed files after reading adinf.lst list of changed files. Maybe I have overlooked something in Blackspear guidelines, or there is not such an option...

Thanks again for your time, consideration and patience!!

Best regards

Rui

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Rui,

Sorry, now I am a little bit confused ;) ;)
    But that is my fault !
    Sorry in case I mis-understand you !

What I understand from you, is this:
    After you have let ADinf do a scan, you want ADinf to trigger a scan from NOD on the changed files.
    It looks to me that is option 1.
    And that is where that screenshot comes into play.
    I'll try to do it, but at the moment I can't promise it....
    First we need indeed to know the command line switches for NOD.

Quotes from the NOD Helpfile:

I have to figure out which ones of those to use; maybe Blackspear (or someone else) could help us here.

As for option 2:
    It could very well be that only Dr.Web gives that option.
    Originally both ADinf and Dr.Web were made by the same company; it could be that they are now separate companies.

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Well, I quickly tried it but without succes. That could be my fault, I don't know.

Anyhow, to be frankly, I don't see much use of it...
    Let's have a look at the situation:
    You have let ADinf32 do a scan and then you want NOD32 to scan the files about which ADinf32 told you that they were changed.
    Nice, but a full system scan with NOD32 would also have scanned them !
    Maybe it might be usefull if you want ADinf32 to cooperate with a scanner that takes several hours to do a full system scan, but a) NOD32 is usually very quick and b) even in the case of such another scanner I would prefer a full system scan.

Sorry that at the moment I could not be of more help; maybe someone else has a different view at the situation...

Cheers, Jan.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2005
  8. Rui

Rui Registered Member

FanJ

I apologize for not having repplied to your two posts earlier, but It happens that I have been away from home the last three days.

I want to thank you very much for your effort in trying to help me solve this issue, as well as having quoted NOD32 scan parameters.

I guess you could not configure NOD32 to work with ADinf32, because NOD32 parameters do not allow the scanning of specific files listed in a previously defined text file (in this case, ADINF.LST)

Of course it would be nice that NOD32 could provide such an option, and it would be cool to have NOD32 cooperating with ADiinf32 in such a way.

On the other hand, of course NOD32 is a fast scanner, and this lack of cooperation betwen NOD32 and ADinf32 can be circumvented, performing a full system scan, even if I happen to have 3 HDD...

Concerning ADinf32, I am very well impressed with it. It is accurate and very fast. A very good FIC tool, indeed.

Again, thank you very much for your effort and willingness to help me, and sorry for this delay.

Cheers

Rui

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.