Nod 32 version 2 - Possibly another Beta commin out?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lingochard, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lingochard

lingochard Registered Member

Ive been reading on some threads that there is a new nod32 beta commin out but ive found no concrete details. Anyone have anything for sure about changes being worked on and/or any ideas as to the time frame of such a release??

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yes, a beta will be out anytime. I have one version of the beta that tech support sent me to fix a problem I was having.

The new things in the beta will include a HTTP scanning module for IMON. That is in the beta I have. The beta will also include changes for AMON which I am eagerly awaiting. They are not in the beta I have. AMON will be getting Advanced Heuristics powers and unpacking powers. See post #10 in this thread for a peak at how AMON will look in the beta. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=35262

There are other things in the beta. For one thing, the beta I have fixes a nasty bug when trying to copy/paste from the NOD32 scanner logs in W98SE and XP that I know of and probably the bug is in other versions of Windows. I was having bad crashing of NOD32 from this bug and it is fixed in the beta. I am sure there are other bug fixes also. IMON has undergone several revisions to fix problems users have been having with it.

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Well I'll give it a whirl when it comes out.

Now all they need to do is beef up non-viral protection and change the licensing so you don't have to buy 2 if you have 2 computers.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

They are beefing up their definitions. Tremendously.

http://www.nod32.com/support/info.htm#CurVersion

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  5. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Thanks for the info. However, I don't buy products based on what they're going to have at some unknown point in the future. Seen too many companies do a poor job executing and fall short of expectations.

LOL they haven't done anything to change licensing yet though. Not paying $78 to be able to run an AV app on 2 computers that I own when competitors that perform as well only charge for 1 license.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

NOD certainly doesn't fall short on expectations. One of the best, if not the best , antivirus programs available. No doubt about it.

As far as pricing, I consider it more than reasonable for the benefits you receive.

My license for NOD32 is good for TWO more years. Couldn't be happier.

Looking foward to the beta. Soon!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.