NOD 32 version 1 vs. version 2

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DarkWraith, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkWraith

DarkWraith Guest

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering what's the difference between version 1 and 2. They have drastically different file sizes, but I couldn't find an explanation on why the file sizes are so varied. Feedback appreciated, thanks.

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

NOD32 v2.0 has many extras including:

- advanced heuristics for HLL files/worms
    - integrated management
    - 1 icon instead of 3 :D
    - IMON/EMON for mail scanning - client independent

3. sig

sig Registered Member

The GUI is different, although one can revert from custom graphics to the plain windows version which I prefer. Unified component control, so only one icon in the systray.

Also evidently there are significant differences under the hood. Email scanning appears significantly improved, utilizing advanced heuristics and as stated, IMON/EMON does not need to be set up as a proxy for the email client.

One can also add a shell extension available from Paolo Monti's site (see one of the sticky threads above) so one can scan with advanced heuristics from the right click context menu. Amon doesn't use advanced heuristics because it would be bogged down, so if you download a file and wish to scan it, using AH on the context menu is more powerful. (AH is available with the on demand scanner if one runs it from the command prompt with the AH command.)

And....NOD version 1 will not be supported within a few months after version 2's release, according to ESET. No specific date was given. That's another difference. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.