NOD 32 opening all windows at startup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hurricanetracker, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

Got a new and odd problem - first time this happened . On computer start-up I have nod32 starting up automatically - of course - and have the contrrol center in my systray .

After the last signature-update ( 10-3-2005 ) something odd happened at nod32- control center startup : it opens up all the windows ( logs, settings , the works ) and I can't click "hide " or close to get rid of them .

The only thing I can do is to either hide control-center - and therefore all those windows , or completely exit nod32 and start it up again .

I need to mention something else with respect to this : I updated Windowblinds ( by stardock ) yesterday as well, so it could be that program is causing this issue .However : I don't let windowblinds skin nod32 at all , so it shouldn't be affecting the program's operation at all.

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

...and yet is seems so likely to me that even though you don't let it skin NOD32 that Window Blinds has been the cause of your problem. The way I see it you could try a couple of things - disabling / uninstalling Window Blinds but I would suggest you first download a fresh copy of NOD32 and do a clean install and see if that resolves it. Please let us know if that helps.

3. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

Apparently it was windowblinds , I told it not to skin NOD32 yet again ( even though it was already in exclusion-list ) and the problem was solved . Upon installing an update for windowblinds it seems prudent policy to "update"the exclusion list as well , meaning you have to re-affirm the exclusion-policy , even though the applications are already listed .

There was no need to re-install NOD32 to do this , it's a glitch in upgrade - module of Stardock - central.

in short : all is fine now .

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

:)
    Glad it's resolved & thanks for posting back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.