NOD 32 locking up during on demand scans

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mudlite, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mudlite

mudlite Registered Member

bad news again, ran a scan to test its reliablility and froze once again:doubt: . This is quite the mystery.

2. mudlite

I just did an individual scan of the nero file with complete success and no infractions. Dont get this at all

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

D'ohhhhh. :ouch:

Hmmm, let's try something else hardware related. Go into your BIOS --> Frequency/Voltage Control and set the "DIMM OverVoltage Control" to +0.1V or +0.2V. Maybe the RAM is not getting quite enough voltage, and this is causing NOD32 to crash.

Did you ever figure which Nero file was taking so long to scan?

4. mudlite

Well i scanned again and i seen a bunch of nero 7 files get scanned, and then once it hit C:\programfiles\nero, it stopped and slowly froze the computer

5. mudlite

Should i uninstall nero and try another scan?

6. mudlite

I think i found the problem finally. I ran a free bitdefender scan which stalled on a nero file and froze, then i ran a kaspersky free scan on other files and then ran it on nero. Well i got through the other files but on nero it froze up on this file:
    C:\programfiles\nero\nero7\core\nevcdengine.dll

I went to the file right clicked and my computer froze in seconds. So i will uninstall nero and do a scan and see what happens.

Do i need this file if i reinstall? any other info would be appreciated. I thank all you guys for all the support and help you have gave me to try and fix this problem, thank you.

7. alglove

alglove Registered Member

My guess is that you probably do need that file. That file is present in my Nero folder, but I have Nero 6.6. Your file could be corrupt. Try uninstalling/reinstalling and see what happens.

8. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Yes you`re going to need that dll for Nero to run properly.

9. mudlite

FINALLY SUCESS i reinstalled and everything works great although bitdefender did find 4 trojans nod didnt hmmmm. but thats besides the point no more freezing, thank you everyone for their help i have learned alot, thankyou.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.