NOD 32 and UnHackMe

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JerryM, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I recently uninstalled UnHackMe. I am considering reinstalling it. Are there any known issues between NOD and UnHackMe?

What is the thinking as to the need for it?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the response. UnHackMe has run well with various AVs, but in trouble shooting I removed it. I am not sure I really need it with a top AV.

Best,
    Jerry

4. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I have used it for some time - REgrun with unhack me v5 seems fine

I'm am not really sure that it required any more for me - but I like some of the Regrun tools ....

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks. There are so many programs around, and some very good, that it is difficult to determine what one really needs.

Best,
    Jerry

6. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

I use regrun too, I am still checking if I really need ssm :)-))

Ruben

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I almost hate to ask this, but how will you know if you need it? I am trying to find out if I need UnHackMe. It does sometimes alert, but nothing is ever malware trying to infect me.

I must admit that I don't know if I need all the stuff I have. I would hate to get rid of Win Patrol Pro, but I suspect that with that, NOD or another top AV, LnS and SuperAntiSpyware I don't really need anything else. There is always the law of diminishing returns.

Regards,
    Jerry

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Jerry ,

My personal advice would be not to be paranoid but instead trust your first class AV product , your firewall and your antispyware . In addition you can run from time to time software like HijackThis , Process Explorer and the super-useful AutoRuns from MS/Sysinternal to manually analyze what is running/starting up . There is no way something to hide from these 3 tools , except a rootkit but NOD32 2.7 can detect rootkits perfectly so no problem :cool: :thumb:

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, HTB,

Sounds like good advice to me.

BTW, I looked at the Beta section of the forum, and had to smile thinking I might ask if you need a beta tester to see what a below average user could come up with.:D :D
    I didn't want to make a special post, but since I have you. Just kidding.:thumb:

Best,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.