nod 32 amon troubles....

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by shawn_selig29, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawn_selig29

shawn_selig29 Registered Member

hi guys, i have had nod 32 now for ayear or 2 no problems...but now all of asudden out of the blue when i bootup nod 32 is red icon and says amon failed to load or something...... but i cna manually turn it on in nod 32 program..... the note that comes up when i open nod is attached....

Attached Files:

2. teampump88

teampump88 Registered Member

have you tried reinstalling NOD32?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also how much RAM do you have installed?

4. shawn_selig29

shawn_selig29 Registered Member

i haven't treid reinstalling..... i got 1gb ram...

5. teampump88

teampump88 Registered Member

yah dude, try a reinstall

:D

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

For Vista you really need more RAM if you want "good Vista"

7. Lexx000

Lexx000 Registered Member

Greetings,

I too have the same issue as the first post.

I originally believed that the issue was with my WinXP Pro to Vista Business Upgrade. I am running NOD32 V2.7, and it was running perfectly on XP
    with the following system.

Q6600
    Gigabyte P35-D3SL
    4 GB PC1066 DDR2
    320GB WD Sata 2
    250GB WD Sata 2

I then upgraded and the issue commenced. My system experienced some other issues, not necessarily related to NOD32 (I hope), but I also noted that my system REALLY changed when I installed NERO Ultra and a SoundBlaster X-FI.

So I wiped the system clean, and re-installed Vista Business 32bit
    on a clean partition, I installed NOD32 fresh. Everything appeared fine at
    first.

My system then obtained 30+ updates from Windows Update, noted a new
    problem developed with Hybrid sleep, (likely due to X-FI or so I hear).

This installation of Vista was yesterday, and I have only done 1 hybrid sleep operation, yet this morning, when I powered up the PC, it appeared that some thing that makes use of svchost.exe died. System then restarted.

Booted up the system again, everything appeared fine. Went ahead, installed NERO again, except in super light mode (just NERO Burning Rom - this is latest version from net). Put the machine into standby, came back from standby, everything fine. Shutdown PC.

Then this evening, started machine from cold boot, BAM! NOD32 reports issues loading AMON.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give a super detailed account. I would be happy to post anything and every type of log to help identify this issue. I do believe it to be Vista related, and am VERY curious as to whether or not we could have perhaps a NOD32 diagnostics tool or log analyzer, I would love to determine what is interacting with what, to fix this once and for all. At first I thought it was due to an internet NOD32 definitions update. I recall seeing an error message related to that actually.

Any insight would be great, thank you.

Lexx000

8. sheddy53

sheddy53 Registered Member

Hi Guys,

We too have had NOD32 for 2-3 years - admittedly on a fairly small laptop. When we first installed it, it worked fine. But something like a year ago, we started getting the same symptom. When the machine boots up and loads NOD32, AMON gives the same failure to initialise as in the screen shot at the top of this thread. Most times (but not always), opening the AMON dialogue box and manually starting does work. We haven't changed the memory or disk since we got the laptop just over 3 years ago. The OS is Windows XP Home, and, other than keeping it up to date with security updates and Service Packs, we've made no change to the OS - it's always been XP Home. We did install IE7 - but we can't remember if the AMON problem predates this or not.

NOD32 is v2.7

The ESET FAQ says not very helpfully that other than a reinstall of NOD32, the problem might be insufficient memory or disk - but gives no guidance as to what constitutes "sufficient".

Any suggestions (well, almost any!) would be very welcome.

9. 'G'

'G' Registered Member

This is an annoying error that effectively knocks out NOD32.

I normally hit the update buttom and then AMON and start. Most times this works. Otherwise a roboot and hope.

But this sort of thing should not be happing on a regular basis.

10. PUMPKINS

PUMPKINS Registered Member

I have the same problem, and also contact the Eset CS they only said the same.. maybe u have other AV and still remaining in the registry, maybe ur RAM insufficient,etc
    how could that possible because i already used NOD32 v2.7 before it.. in the same computer and it was fine until someday i could not enter the windows because *.sys corrupt or something... i reinstall (with format) windows, reinstall fresh NOD32 n... AMON error initializing ..sometime i could manually start.. but now i couldn't.. unable to load system monitor...

btw im using windows XP sp2
    Ram 256.. but the other days it was fine with this spec

anybody can help?

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@PUMPKINS

v2 is will be not developed further . Try Eset Antivirus v3 on your computer , download from www.eset.com/download

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.