NOD 32 2.7 Stuck on Cleaning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JAA, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAA

JAA Registered Member

Hi All, every time I do a in-depth analysis and it finishes when I check the Log it says cleaning and never gets to complete

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

A known issue, I've seen it on my system as well.

No further development of v2.7, so hopefully it has been sorted in EAV 3.0

Cheers :D

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi JAA,
    I've had the same thing happen on my machine a few times as well.

One question: were you perhaps performing others tasks during the scan?
    Personally I noticed that NOD 'froze' during an in-depth scan when I was performing some other (disk-writing) tasks. From that time on I stopped doing this and it has not happened again. Hope this is any help.

4. meschubert

meschubert Registered Member

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but I'll give you my "work around" in case it is related. Note that this is not a problem on my XP Pro system, but does happen on all three of my Vista Ultimate systems.

I have a task scheduled to do a full in-depth scan running nod32.exe per Blackspear's instructions. It shows up as the "Execution of an external application" under the Task column. If I right click on it and choose "Run now", it will show up in a "Cleaning" state and after a few hours (I have a few 500 GB disks on these systems it has to scan) it will eventually show up in a "Waiting" state and stay "stuck" there showing 0 files scanned.

Unlike the XP system, it will not display the log live so I have to use the task manager to see that it is working. I have high powered systems, but it still chews up a reasonable amount of cpu so it is easy to see that it is going through the scan even without the display. If I wait until it consistantly shows 0 cpu use and reboot the systems (not just log out), the information seems to get flushed properly into the log.

A reboot is not exactly elegant solution, but it does work. If you look at the NOD32 Scanner Logs after the reboot, the proper number of files will show as scanned and the task status will be "Complete". If you click on it to show the details, they will all be there.

5. meschubert

Sorry - posted in the wrong thread.

6. meschubert

Cured this by scheduling scans as "on demand" rather than "Execute from an external application".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.