Nod 3 rc1 antivirus email scanning

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ellison64, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Upon installing using default installation,ive noticed email scanner doesnt appear to be working.Ive sent emails to myself but nothings showing as being scanned under email protection "number of scanned messages".Any solutions?.Im using becky via spamihilator.Also why does nod seem to think these entries are mail programes?.By the way i had to manually put in becky and spamihilator because they were not listed.However it made no difference as theres still no mail being scanned.Version 2.7 works straight out of the box.
    Tia
    ellison

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Most likely that's because they receive email via POP3 on default port. Try adding your mail client using the Add button and mark it as a mail client while deselecting the others in the list. Then add the port number Spamihilator listens on to the POP3 port list in the POP3 setup.

3. ellison64

My error.Email is scanning.I had inadvertently set up an email address using SSL.This obviously was not scanned.
    ellison

4. ellison64

Thanks for reply.Ive sorted the email scanning query (my error...see my last post),though im still not sure why nod would think screamer radio is an email app?....unless all internet applications are shown in that window and not just email apps?.If thats the case then the window note should be modified to clarify this ,as it seems very confusing at present.
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.